Retracting or cancelling a bid made on an item in your auction is done upon the discretion of your organization. Bidders cannot retract/cancel their own bids (Bidders - please see this article for instructions: How to Submit a Bid Retraction Request)
For instructions on retracting a Buy Now purchase, see the following article: How to remove a Buy Now purchase.
If you are an Auction Administrator and you approve a bid retraction follow these steps:
To retract a bid, an auction administrator needs to follow these steps:
1. Log into the Auction Manager and find the item under Items > Published Items.
2. Click on Bid History next to the item.
3. Click on Request Bid Retraction next to the bid that needs to be removed.
4. Enter any comments on why the bid needs to be retracted (like bid by mistake, or item is being removed).
5. Click on the Request Bid Retraction button.
You will get an automated email confirming that the bid has been retracted when Client Services has completed it.
Or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org authorizing the retraction with the following information:
- The auction's name
- The item's name and its item number
- The bidder's nickname or email address
- The amount of their bid
A member of the Client Services team will let you know when the bid has been officially retracted. All admins opted into receive emails will also receive an automatic email notification once the bid has been retracted.