Here are the steps to add a new auction to your account:
- Log in to your administrator account in the Auction Manager.
- Click on the Add Event link in the upper right corner.
- Complete the form on that page to create the new auction. Please note: These steps can only be completed when you're adding a new auction to your account.
- If you are having a Live Event check the box next to Yes, I am having a live event and enter the date and time of your live event. These details can be edited under Event> Live Event dates once you have created your auction.
- If you would like to copy over features from one of your past auction, use the pull down menu under Copy over features from auction: to select the auction from which to copy past features.
- If you would like to copy over all Closed – Not Sold items from one of your past auctions, use the pull down menu under Copy over all Closed - Not Sold items from auction: to select the auction from which to copy Closed – Not Sold items. These items will appear in your new auction under Items> Draft Items for further editing.
After you have created your new auction, you can opt to copy additional material (these do not copy automatically):
To copy a homepage from a previous auction: Go to Event > Web Site > Homepages and from the Show Home Pages For pull down menu, select the past auction from which you want to copy over your homepage. Choose the homepage you want to copy and click the Copy to Current link. Once the page is copied, you'll be taken back to your current auction's Auction Homepages section.
To copy an email from the previous auction: Go to Promotion > Email > Create an Email, use the pull down menu under Show: to select "Email Messages from past auctions," and click Update list. Select an email and click the Copy to Current link.
To copy an auction item from the previous auction: Go to Items > Copy Past Items. Select an Item and Click the Copy Selected to Current Auction. The item will be placed in the Draft section of your Catalog for further editing.
- COPIED ITEMS - Items that have been copied over will keep the same Bidding Type as the previous auction (Online and Mobile, Online to Bidsheet, etc). If these need to be changed you will need to edit the item's Pricing Details.
- LIVE EVENT DETAILS - If you set another Live Event in the new auction then the Live Event Information (description, venue, etc.) was also carried over from last year. Make edits to the new Live Event under Event > Event Dates.
- CONTACT INFO - Did the organization move? New Auction Chair? Double check Your Organization's information by clicking on Account in the upper right corner of the Auction Manager.
For a list of data that is automatically copied over from auction to auction, please see What Information is Carried Over Auction to Auction (Year to Year)?This article includes information about Donors and Sponsors, Team Members, Email Messages and Email Lists.