You can embed images and videos on both your auction home page and within an item's description or special notes.
How to embed images:
- You'll first need to host the image on another website, such as Photobucket, Imageshack, or your own site.
- Go to create or edit your home page or auction item.
- On the top of the text box where you wish to embed your image, click on the HTML button on the tool bar (it looks like this: < >).
- A small window will open, enter in the following HTML tag that looks like this: <img src="imagelinkhere" alt="Text description of picture" />. This is usually found next to the image on the host website (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc).
- Be sure to include the quotation marks
- The “alt” is not necessary, but it’s helpful for anyone who happens to have graphics turned off in their browser.
- Click on the Insert button
- Scroll down to the bottom and save the home page or item.
How to embed videos:
While Item Images or Main Article Images cannot be replaced by videos, you can embed video in the text boxes, such as Item Description field, Item Special Note, or Main Article text by using an "Embed" HTML tag to embed a video player and file. The video file must be hosted elsewhere on the web (YouTube.comTM, for example). Often, video-hosting web sites provide the HTML code for this function once a video has been uploaded to their site.
Here are the steps:
- The video needs to be hosted on another site. For example, YouTube.
- Then copy the html code for the video. On YouTube you can get this under Share > Embed. Make sure the checkbox next to Use Old Embed Code is unchecked.
- Go to edit your homepage or the item where you want to add the video
- Click on the HTML button the tool bar above the Text Box where you want to add the video (the button looks like this: < >). Another small box will pop up.
- Paste in the html code and click 'OK" at the bottom.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your page and click Save in order to save your work.